Bluetooth technology is widely used in the mobile environment to allow the connection between different devices (such as wireless headphones, headset, connection to the car system, etc.) but can also be useful when we are at the PC, so you can use them accessories that normally we would use only with the smartphone or the tablet, as well as having a wireless connection system to access the internal memory of the aforementioned (to move a file from one device to another for example). Find a way to make your home a healthier and more pleasant environment, so that you can use your tech in nice environment.
But while on laptops it is easy to find the Bluetooth connection in the standard equipment, what can we do to add Bluetooth to a PC?
We see in this guide the best Bluetooth PC adapters usable via USB port or can be integrated with internal expansion cards.
Features Bluetooth adapters
With Bluetooth adapters, we will not have to look at many technical features since in the end, they are simple devices that can work as two-way radios.
To obtain the maximum compatibility with all the devices now on the market, however, we recommend taking a look at the following features before evaluating the purchase of a particular adapter:
Bluetooth version: to make the most of all the Bluetooth devices in circulation we recommend to aim only on adapters that have at least the Bluetooth 4.0 version.
By choosing these models we will get the best in terms of audio quality (if we use Bluetooth for wireless headphones), signal coverage and data transmission speed.
Previous Bluetooth versions (1.1, 2.0 and 3.0) may still be compatible with current devices, but have a worse coverage range and may present problems with the connection of some devices (for example, the Xbox One controller can only be connected with Bluetooth adapters from version 4.0 onwards).
Internal dongle or card: The fixed PC Bluetooth adapters are available in two formats: USB dongle and PCI-E internal expansion card.
The USB dongle is the easiest to set up and use, just a free USB port on your PC to provide Bluetooth connectivity. The signal is discrete even if there may be sporadic interference, especially if there are many wireless networks nearby.
In PCI-E expansion cards, Bluetooth is often integrated with the WiFi adapter, so with a single card we can both connect to a WiFi network and offer Bluetooth connectivity.
The signal obtained with the internal cards is much more stable but it may be more difficult to configure this type of card.
Driver: many of the devices are self-configuring (especially on Windows 10), but it is always convenient to install the driver in the package (usually in miniCD format), so as to have maximum compatibility with all devices. Check our Beats Headphone Repair Service.
Bluetooth Adapters for PC: a buying guide
After seeing what you need to look at in the description of a Bluetooth adapter, let’s discover together the best models that we can use on PC.
We will take into account both USB dongles and expansion cards.
1) Amotus V4.0 USB Bluetooth Adapter: A simple USB adapter with Broadcom chipset, one of the best around for signal stability and coverage.
Support for Bluetooth 4.0, automatically compatible with Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 (without driver) with EDR: Bluetooth 4.0 + EDR NANO.
2) UGREEN USB Bluetooth Adapter: Still remaining on the subject of very small Bluetooth adapters we can recommend the UGREEN, compatible with the Bluetooth 4.0 standard, BLE (connections low energy), EDR and support for the CSR Harmony driver, for unparalleled audio transmission quality.
3) Asus USB-BT400: If we are looking for a compact quality product, handy and compatible with any motherboard we can bet on the adapter offered by Asus.
4) AUKEY Wireless 2-in-1 USB adapter We need an adapter for both wireless and Bluetooth but we do not know how to mount an internal card on the PC?
In this case we can point to the dongle offered by AUKEY, which integrates in a small device both the antenna for WiFi connection (on 2.4 GHz networks) and Bluetooth 4.0; a single USB port, two adapters in one device.
5) ASUS PCE-AC55BT The ASUS PCE-AC55BT stands out: among the internal cards that we can use to obtain Bluetooth connectivity on a fixed PC.
This card connects to a PCI-E X1 slot and an internal USB port to offer both WiFi (Dual Band AC, up to 1200 Mbps) and Bluetooth 4.0, thanks to the large external antenna (always clean signal in all conditions ).
6) Abwb 802.11 ac Wi-Fi with Bluetooth 4.0 (For MAC) We want at all costs the Bluetooth connection without giving up WiFi on your Mac or PC Simil-Apple (Hackintosh)?
In this case we can use the internal expansion board Abwb, which offers a chip combo that can connect well to any motherboard and, more importantly, is compatible with any operating system Apple (MacOS).