5 Tried and Tested Tips by UAE Technician
iPhone touchscreens are impressive and precise since they are the only medium to connect you to your iOS device. However, iPhone touchscreens can malfunction due to technical and mechanical failure. The defective iPhone touchscreen is a grave concern and needs to be addressed as soon as possible.
What can you do for the iPhone touch screen not working? Fortunately, you can reverse the touchscreen issue if it’s not a fatal hardware problem. Sometimes, your iPhone requires a few troubleshooting tips to get the touchscreen up and running and not a quick rush to an iPhone repair store.
Let’s check out what experts recommend.
Proven Yet Easy Tricks to Restore Your iPhone’s Touchscreen
iPhone repair specialists from UAE Technician have come up with the following tips to revive your iOS device’s touchscreen functionality. So, you can try them before considering iPhone repair services near me.
1. Force Restart Your iPhone
Restarting your iPhone sounds crazy when its touchscreen not working. Still, you may give this trick a try. Perhaps, your iPhone’s touchscreen stops responding to specific apps or interfaces. So, check out if you can access the Settings application on your iPhone and force restart the device.
On the other hand, you can press some combination of the Power or Wake/Sleep and Volume buttons to bring the power-related options to the device’s screen. Now, check if you can drag the power slider to turn off the phone.
Once you succeed, wait a minute or two. Press and hold the Power or Sleep/Wake button to switch on your iPhone. After it boots successfully, see if your iPhone starts responding to your touches. A quick forced restart can erase temporary memory glitches and make the screen responsive again.
2. Modify 3D Touch Sensitivity
iOS users have complained that some random parts of their iPhone screens stopped responding to touches. If you witness the same kind of iPhone touch screen not working, you can attempt to adjust its 3D touch sensitivity.
Here’s what you can follow:
- Go to the Settings menu, a grey gear icon on your iPhone’s home screen.
- Then, navigate to Accessibility followed by Touch.
- Tap on the ‘3D & Haptic Touch’ option.
- Depending on your convenience and overall testing, drag the sensitivity slider to Light, Medium, or Firm.
Make sure you test every instance and check if the respective adjustment brings back your iPhone’s touchscreen functionality.
3. Clean the iPhone Screen
iPhones have capacitive touchscreens that work by sensing users’ fingertips through electrical conductance. So, dust and dirt accumulated on your iPhone screen can cause interference between your touch and the device’s sensing.
In addition, liquid and moisture can affect your iPhone’s touchscreen ability. Hence, pay attention to your iPhone screen and clean it if required. For dust and grime, you can take a soft and clean microfibre cloth and wipe the screen gently.
If your iPhone’s screen is damp, dry it completely before you try to make it work. On a related note, your iPhone’s touchscreen won’t work if you wear some kind of mittens or gloves. So, take them off and see if your iPhone screen responds to your touches or not.
You can try specialised gloves with capacitive fingertips enabled if you want to use your iPhone in very cold weather. Similarly, you can invest in a quality iPhone-specialised cleaning solution as your iOS device has to go through a lot due to Dubai’s dusty weather.
4. Clean Your iPhone from the Inside Out
No, you don’t have to disassemble your iPhone and clean it. Lack of sufficient storage space can make your iPhone’s touchscreen partially unresponsive. So, this trick is for those whose iPhone’s touchscreens work partially. Here’s what you can do about freeing up some storage on your iPhone:
- Navigate to Settings → General → iPhone Storage and inspect if the storage has reached its maximum limit.
- To free up some space quickly, review your apps list and detect which apps are using more space. Delete applications that use too much space or you use no longer.
- In addition, transfer large videos, photos, and other files from your iPhone to your computer or cloud storage. Thus, you won’t lose them and your iPhone will retain enough storage space.
- Ensure you clear browser cache and data from your iPhone’s Settings → Safari → Clear History and Data.
Once you get rid of unwanted and excessive data on your iPhone, test the touchscreen.
5. Remove Accessories, Screen Protector, and Case from Your iPhone
iPhone touch screen not working – a connected accessory through your iPhone’s USB-C or Lightning port can be the cause. So, disconnect your iPhone from charging or unplug it from a power bank.
Chances are that the connected cable is damaged or incompatible with your iOS device. Check if disconnecting the accessory from your iPhone solves the touchscreen issue. On the other hand, your iPhone’s touchscreen is robust but seems to work under a fine set of conditions.
For instance, your iPhone might not respond to your taps and swipes if you apply a thick screen protector. If the screen protector is thicker than it should be, your iPhone won’t sense your fingers’ electrical capacitance.
Therefore, peel off the screen protector if your iPhone touchscreen barely or intermittently works. In addition, you can get rid of the iPhone case if it feels too tight for the device. Your device’s buttons might get jammed due to a tight case and the touchscreen can malfunction.
As a quick fix, you can try a thinner screen protector and test if your iPhone touchscreen works. Moreover, you can get a different case if you want your iPhone to stay protected from drops and shocks. Ensure that the case isn’t too tight for your iPhone.
Advanced Solutions to iPhone Touch Screen Not Working
Have you tried all the solutions above and they didn’t work for your iPhone? Before you opt for iPhone repair services near me, you can go for some advanced tricks to revive your iPhone touchscreen.
Here are some nifty solutions suggested by iPhone repair professionals of UAE Technician:
Update the iPhone
Yes, it’s possible to update your iPhone even though its touchscreen isn’t working. You need to connect the iPhone to your computer and use the Recovery Mode. Here’s the procedure in detail:
- Connect your iOS device to your PC and launch iTunes on the computer. If it’s a Mac operating on macOS 10.15 or later, look for Finder instead of iTunes.
- For an iPhone 8 or later variant, press the following butter one by one but quickly:
- Volume Up
- Volume Down
- Side or Sleep/Wake
- If it’s an iPhone 7, press the Volume Down and Side buttons at the same time. On older models, you need to long-press the Home and Side buttons simultaneously.
- After a while, the Recovery Mode screen should pop up on your computer’s screen. Make sure you release all those buttons on your iPhone as soon as the Recovery Mode screen appears.
- Select the Update option.
Reset Your iOS Device to Factory Defaults
A fatal hardware issue can lead to your iPhone touch screen not working. Before you think that your iPhone requires a screen replacement, a factory reset might help you out. However, a factory reset erases all data on your iPhone.
Hence, you must back up every single data of your iPhone to iCloud or equivalent storage. Additionally, you need to force a factory reset on your iPhone since its touchscreen doesn’t function.
- Begin with connecting your iPhone to your computer.
- Launch iTunes or Finder depending on your macOS version or Windows PC.
- Now, iPhone 8 or later users have to press the following 3 buttons quickly and respectively: Volume Up, Volume Down, and Side. iPhone 7 needs the Volume Down and Side buttons to be pressed. And, you should hold the Home and Side buttons on older models.
- If it’s a Mac, Update and Restore options will pop up. Select the Restore option to proceed.
- However, you need to click on the Device option from the iTunes window on your PC.
- After that, choose Summary followed by Restore.
Go through the on-screen directions to complete the restore.
What if Nothing Works?
It’s impossible to repair your iPhone touch screen not working problem by applying the aforementioned solutions. Those solutions will eradicate software glitches and temporary bugs from your iPhone but are unable to fix serious hardware failures.
So, you know when to reach iPhone repair Dubai near me. Perhaps, your iPhone needs an expert intervention to function flawlessly.