The Application Was Unable To Start Correctly 0xc00007b: Easy Troubleshooting Procedures
Are you receiving “The application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b” error notification while opening or launching an application? Generally, Windows users are complaining about this issue after installing the latest Windows update.
There can be multiple factors that are posing impact on the occurrence of the error. However, if the issue influences only one application, then there is a chance that the application gets corrupted and requires it to be reinstalled.
However, if the glitch quarantines more than one application and restricts you from using multiple programs and services, then the corrupted Visual C++ Redistributable Packages or .NET framework 3.5 might be the culprit behind the occurrence of this issue.
What to Do If “The Application Was Unable To Start Correctly 0xc00007b” Message Appears?
Here are the most reliable troubleshooting procedures that work for many affected users. But, before proceeding with these fixes, reboot your device. A simple rebooting can eliminate various internal bugs and glitches.
Even after rebooting the device, if “the application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b” error notification still persists, then go through the under mentioned instructions.
Fix 1: Run the Software with Administrator Privileges
Some software needs running with Administrator Privileges, and an error appears when users do not lauch the application in Admin mode. At times, rendering administrator rights can fix the issue. To do so, follow these steps mentioned below.
- Proceed to right tap on the shortcut icon and choose the “Properties” button from the appeared menu.
- When the “Properties” window appears, go to the “Compatibility” tab. Tap on it to launch the menu.
- From the appeared menu, locate and select the option titled “Run this program as an administrator”.
- Save the changes by tapping on the “Apply” button as well as the “OK” button.
When done, reboot the device in order to let the new changes take effect.
Fix 2: Make an Attempt to Reinstall the Microsoft .NET Framework
If there are certain issues with the Microsoft .NET framework, then you might encounter “the application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b”. To sort out this matter, you might require to reinstall the Microsoft .NET framework.
- Press the combination of the Windows logo and R key to initiate the Run window.
- Once the Run dialog box appears, enter “Control” inside the box and hit the “OK” button.
- From the resulting menu, choose the “Control Panel” in order to open the window.
- After accessing the Control Panel, scroll through the available options and choose the “Programs and Features”.
- Under this section, look for the “Microsoft .NET“.
- After you find it, proceed to right tap on it and hit the “Change or Uninstall” button.
- Stick to the further instructions to uninstall the Microsoft .NET framework.
- Once the uninstallation process gets completed, navigate to the Microsoft .NET framework download web page and install the new version of the framework.
After you download the new version of the framework successfully, reboot the device to apply the recent modifications.
Fix 3: Run the Check Disk
If “the application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b” error results from the hardware glitches, then you can run the “check disk” and review if it removes the hardware glitches along with the application error.
To proceed with this fix, you can carry out the undermentioned instructions.
- Invoke the Run dialog box and enter “cmd” inside the box.
- Tap on the “OK” button in order to execute the command.
- From the context menu, choose “Command Prompt” and hit the “Run as Administrator” option.
- Once the Command Prompt appears in Admin Mode, write “chkdsk c: /f /r“ and hit the Enter key.
- Follow further guidelines in order to complete the entire process.
Once the process is over, check whether “the application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b” error gets eliminated or not.
Fix 4: Install the Windows Pending Updates
If you didn’t install the Windows updates for a long time, then such an error occurrence is quite a common event. Therefore, you can install the Windows pending updates by following the underlying instructions.
- Open the Settings app and look for the “Update and Security” option.
- After you access the “Update and Security” window, hit the “Check for Updates” button.
- If the updates are available, then hit the “Install the Update” button. Choose the “OK” button from the appeared menu when you are prompted.
After installing the Windows pending updates, restart the device to let the new changes take influence.
Fix 5: Reinstall the Problematic Application
If you are getting stuck with “the application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b” error message while launching a specific application, then we suggest you reinstall the application. To do so, go through these instructions stated hereunder.
- Head over to the “Control Panel” and go to the “Programs”
- In the next window, choose the “Uninstall a Program” button from the appeared menu.
- Next, try to locate the problematic application and hit the “Uninstall” button.
- From the confirmation window, hit the “OK” button to open up the program’s uninstaller.
- Stick to the on-screen guidelines in order to finish the uninstallation process.
- Further, install the latest version of the application from its official web page.
After reinstalling the application, the error should be removed from your device.
Fix 6: Attempt to Repair the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables
If none of the above fixes works, then there might be certain issues with the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables. Therefore, without repairing this, you won’t be able to resolve “the application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b” error.
In order to repair the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables, carry out these instructions
- Go to the Control Panel and invoke the “Uninstall a program” section.
- Now, choose the “Add or Remove Program” button.
- In the top right corner, search bar, enter the “Microsoft Visual C++” and hit the “OK” button.
- Here, you will notice a list of the package installed on your device.
- From the appeared menu, choose the “Change” button and hit the “Repair” option.
- After that, click on the “Yes” button from the pop-up window.
Keep in mind that you have to repeat the same instructions for each Microsoft Visual C++ [year] Redistributable package. Even after repairing the Microsoft Visual C++ if the error still persists, then you might require reinstalling it.
For this purpose, follow the same instructions but instead of choosing the “Change> Repair” button, hit the “Uninstall” button. Do the same for all packages. Further, go to Microsoft’s official website to install the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ along with its all packages.